According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2007 Population Estimates, the population of Franklin in 2007 was 22,672, which is a 16.4% increase from the 2000 census.
The following data are derived from the U.S Census Bureau 2005-2007 American Community Survey 3-Year Estimates.
- The average household size is 2.4
- The average family size is 2.6
- 13,799 people are 25 years or older
- The median age is 33.1
- Franklin is 74.1% white, 14.7% Hispanic or Latino, 12.4% black, 4.3% Asian, and the rest is other races or mixed races
- 84% of those 25 or older graduated high school
- 27% of those 25 or older have bachelors degree or higher
- 1.5% were foreign born
- The mean commute time is 22.6 minutes
- Median household income is $49,920
- Median family income is $54,564
- 6.9% of families are below poverty level, and 7.7% of individuals